This recipe for Bacon Brownies is perfect when you are craving sweet and salty. Easy to make in a little time, this recipe will satisfy your cravings.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. If you click these links and make a purchase we may earn a commission. Keep in mind that we link these companies and their products because of their quality, not because of the commission we may receive from purchases.
Sweet And Salty
The saltiness of the bacon and the richness of the chocolate in the brownies go together so well.
Easy To Make
When it comes to making Bacon Brownies, the recipe is fairly simple.
The ingredients are the basic brownie recipe ingredients. The difference in this recipe is the amount of the ingredients because this recipe makes a 13″ by 9″ pan and the bacon.
- White sugar
- All-purpose flour
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Baking Soda
- Vanilla extract
- Mini Chocolate Chips
You can definitely cook the bacon yourself but for this recipe, I usually use pre-cooked bacon crumble. Don’t get this confused with simulated bacon bits. There is a difference and simulated bacon bits are never something we purchase.
For this recipe, you want the flavour of real bacon in the brownies. If you don’t have the crumbles available, cooked bacon can be chopped to add to this recipe. I have also made extra bacon when making breakfast to make these brownies later.
Serving Bacon Brownies
To serve these brownies, simply cut them into squares and serve.
Another way we enjoy these brownies is to freeze them and serve them with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and chocolate syrup on top. This is one of our favourite summertime desserts.
Storing The Brownies
Leftover brownies can be stored at room temperature in an air-tight container for up to 3 days.
For longer storage, wrap individual squares in plastic wrap and place them in an air-tight container or freezer bag. Store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Check out our other brownie recipes:
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup melted butter, cooled
- 1 cup bacon crumbles
- ⅓ cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Line a 13" by 9" pan with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together sugar, cocoa powder, flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate large bowl, beat eggs and vanilla extract together, about 1 minute
- Add dry ingredients to the eggs and stir together until just combined.
- Stir in melted butter.
- Fold in bacon and chocolate chips
- Pour batter into the prepared pan and spread it out evenly.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until centre is just cooked. Edges will be pulling away from pan slightly.
- Allow to cool in pan
- Cut into 16 squares and serve.