Can you ever have enough chicken recipes? We are always looking for different flavors for chicken because we eat chicken three or four times a week. Chicken breasts are our go-to choice and we always have some on hand. This easy-to-make and delicious Sweet Chili Lime Chicken breast can be grilled, baked, or pan-fried.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. If you click these links and make a purchase we may earn a commission. Keep in mind that we link these companies and their products because of their quality, not because of the commission we may receive from purchases.
How to Serve Sweet Chili Lime Chicken Breasts
There are many ways you can serve this recipe: in fajitas, on top of nachos, or on top of a salad. The marinade can also be used on chicken wings for marinating before cooking or as a sauce for cooked wings. It also tastes great on chicken thighs.
The marinade for this recipe can also be used as a dipping sauce and can be stored in the fridge in a mason jar for up to two weeks. Since it holds up well in the fridge, it can be made ahead of time to use when you need a quick marinade or a dipping sauce.
This is a large recipe. The marinade can be used to marinade 12 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts, so the recipe can be halved. Or half the marinade can be stored in the fridge for later use.
This is a also good recipe for meal planning. The cooked chicken can be kept in the fridge for up to 3 days. It goes well with rice or in a wrap. We usually make 10 – 12 chicken breasts at a time so we have leftovers for lunches.
Sweet Chili Sauce- we use Aroy-D Sweet Chili Sauce
Soy Sauce- low sodium is our go-to but regular soy sauce can also be used. There are certain brands we are loyal to because they do not contain Sodium Benzoate, a chemical we avoid. Our favourite is Kikkoman.
We use no-sugar-added marmalade because too much sugar can cause the chicken to crust or burn on the outside. Our go-to is Smucker’s No Sugar Added Orange Marmalade. But any orange marmalade will work.
Fresh Limes- we squeeze fresh limes for this dish, but bottled lime juice can be used.
Brown Sugar- we prefer light/yellow/golden brown sugar in this recipe.
Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts- you can use bone-in chicken breasts if you prefer. I have also used boneless skinless chicken thighs
Sweet Chili Lime Chicken
- 1 cup sweet chili sauce
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- 5 Tbsp No sugar added orange marmalade
- ⅓ cup lime juice
- zest of 1 lime
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 6 boneless. skinless chicken breasts
- Place all ingredients, except chicken in a bowl and whisk together
- Pour into a large mason jar and refrigerate until ready to use
- Add chicken breasts to a bowl or large freezer bag.
- Pour about ¼ -⅓ of the marinade over the chicken, making sure all the chicken is coasted.
- Cover or seal and let marinade in the fridge for 2 hours or up to 12 hours.
- Remove from fridge about 30 -45 minutes before cooking
- Preheat grill to 350°F
- Place chicken breasts on grill, close lid and let cook to internal temperature of 160°F. Turning once
- Baste with leftover marinade when the temp is at 160°F and let cook until internal temperature reaches 165°F
- Remove from grill and let rest for 5 minutes before serving
- Store leftover marinade in the fridge for up to 2 weeks