This recipe for an all-purpose seasoning blend is perfect to have on hand to quickly add flavour to all your dishes.
When it comes to seasonings, we have many different blends we use, but this one is the one we always have on hand. We use this seasoning when we are in a hurry because it can be used in so many ways.
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to consumers. Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. If you click these links and make a purchase we may earn a commission. Keep in mind that we link these products because of their quality, not because of the commission we may receive from purchases.
Ingredients For All-Purpose Seasoning Blend Recipe
Using nine simple ingredients, you can make this all-purpose seasoning blend in a matter of minutes.
- Paprika. We like to use smoked paprika but regular paprika can also be used.
- Old Bay Seasoning. This seasoning has a lot of flavour on its own and it brings a flavour boost to this seasoning.
- Garlic Powder.
- Onion Powder.
- Cayenne Pepper.
- Ground Thyme.
- Mexican Oregano. If you don’t have this variety of oregano, use regular oregano.
- Ancho Chili Powder. This type of chili powder adds a touch of heat without making it too hot.
- White Pepper. Just a little of this ingredient is enough to add flavour and heat. Black pepper can also be used.
What Is All-Purpose Seasoning Blend Used For?
We keep this seasoning on hand all the time. It is great for every kind of meat and vegetables. It can also be used on fish and shrimp.
- Sprinkle on pork chops or chicken before grilling, baking, or frying.
- Toss chicken wings in this seasoning after cooking.
- Use to season vegetables before roasting.
- Camping. Take this seasoning on your next camping trip to season meats, fish, and vegetables.
- Add oil and lime juice to make a marinade for beef, pork, or chicken.
How To Store All-Purpose Seasoning Blend?
The best way to store this seasoning blend in is a mason jar. This keeps the seasoning air-tight and can last on the shelf for up to 3 months.
Can This Recipe Be Doubled?
Yes, definitely! If you like this seasoning as much as we do, you can make the seasoning in double and triple batches.
Need the ingredients to make this recipe? Why not try Voilà and have it delivered or order for curbside pick up?
All-Purpose Seasoning Blend Recipe
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- 1 Tbsp Old Bay Seasoning
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp Mexican Oregano
- 1 tsp ground thyme
- 1 tsp ancho chili powder
- ½ tsp white pepper
- Place all ingredients in a mason jar.
- Cover with lid.
- Shake until all ingredients are combined.
- Store in a cool, dry place.