Fudge is one of my daughter’s favorite treats. And at Christmas, she loves adding Candy Canes to everything. So I decided to add crushed Candy Canes to my Fudge recipe and the results were a hit. My Easy Candy Cane Fudge has been made every Christmas since.
What makes this fudge so easy?
One bowl! That is all it takes to make this fudge. And it is done in the microwave. It is so easy to make, my daughter has been making it herself since she was 10 years old.
There are also only four ingredients: Sweetened condensed milk, chocolate baking squares, peppermint extract and candy canes.
White or milk chocolate can be used in place of dark chocolate.
Dark chocolate chips can be used in place of chocolate baking squares.
If you don’t have peppermint extract, vanilla extract can be substituted.
Candy canes can be crushed in a blender or food processor. You can also find candy canes already crushed in some bulk food stores, like Bulk Barn. I use any broken candy canes that don’t make it to the Christmas tree.
Makes a Great Gift
This fudge makes a great gift when packaged in a small Christmas tin wrapped in decorated parchment paper.
The squares can also be wrapped individually to add to Christmas baskets or cookie exchanges.
Easy Candy Cane Fudge
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 package dark chocolate baking squares, chopped (8 squares)
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- ½ cup crushed candy canes
- Line an 8" x 8" pan with parchment paper. Set aside
- Place chocolate and sweetened condensed milk in a medium sized microwave safe bowl.
- Heat in microwave until chocolate is melted, about 3 minutes, stirring every 30-45 seconds
- Stir in extract.
- Pour chocolate into prepared pan
- Sprinkle crushed candy cane over the top of chocolate mixture
- Using the tip of a knife, swirl the top of the fudge to mix in the candy cane.
- Cover and refrigerate until completely cooled, about 3 hours
- Cut into squares and store in an airtight container in the fridge.